[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unable to boot from BE created today

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Fri Nov 2 20:36:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-11-02 12:38 p.m., Till Wegmüller wrote:
> Hi Russel
>
> Did /var/adm/messages Say anything about the rebooting? Like a Panic?
>
> Greetings
> Till
>
> On 11/02/18 07:47 PM, russell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today I performed a pkg refresh and update to create a new BE, I did
>> however make my previous BE the active one before attempting to boot
>> from the new BE. Booting occurs normal, I select the new BE created
>> today, the boot process starts and then my computer reboots within 8
>> seconds.
>>
>> Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Russell

Hi Russell.

I had some problems the other day going from legacy OI -> Hipster.  I
ended up having to go to just Hipster-2015.

At the very end of the upgrade I was getting an error like:

pkg /sbin/bootadm update-archive -R /tmp/xxxxx failed with a return code
of 1

Do you see something like that?

Geoff