[OpenIndiana-discuss] Font packaging

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:53:36 UTC 2018

Hi,
I merged a few modifications to simplify font components, adapted from
solaris-userland (thanks for that!).

For an example of TrueType font you can look at

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/fonts/google-droid/Makefile

In most case I boils down to specifying:

- COMPONENT_FONT_NAME = name of the font in the fmri and install path (if
different than COMPONENT_NAME)
- COMPONENT_FONT_SRC_DIR = relative path to the font directory within the
source tree
- COMPONENT_FONT_FILES      += *.ttf (add all files to copy to
usr/share/fonts)
- COMPONENT_FONTCONF_SRC_DIR =  relative path to the font configuration
directory within the source tree, set it to empty if none
- COMPONENT_FONTCONF_FILES = font configuration files, set it to empty if
none

Kind regards,

Aurélien

--