[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Wed Nov 14 07:24:59 UTC 2018

Isn't qemu/kvm on OI almost undocumented? (I might be wrong or have
forgotten about it), and isn't it cli-only? I don't remember seeing
anything like virt-manager in OI.

/tony

On Wed, 2018-11-14 at 05:42 +0100, Stephan Althaus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If you are on OmniOs / Omniosce, you have Bhyve.
> You can use that instead of virtualbox.
>
> With Openindiana, you could use QEMU-KVM as well..
> What are your personal reasons not to do so?
>
> Greetings,
> Stephan
>
> On 14.11.18 02:03, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> >
> > On 2018-11-13 12:15 p.m., Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> > > In the meantime I'll push the IPS package to the gcc-next
> > > repository.
> > >

> > Hi.
> >
> > Any chances this package may work on other illumos distros (like
> > Omnios)?
> >
> > Of course, the gui won't work, but I just need the command line
> > part
> > to work.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Geoff

Tony Albers
Systems Architect
Systems Director, National Cultural Heritage Cluster
Royal Danish Library, Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
Tel: +45 2566 2383 / +45 8946 2316