[OpenIndiana-discuss] Stop Replacement of Host Spare in ZFS Pool

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:40:59 UTC 2018

Hello Fellow community

I have a problem with one of my Pools.
I had some zfs_deadman timeouts and deduced the reason to one Disk via
coredump necromancy. I figured I'll just replace that disk with my hot
spare and deal with it after. However the pool does not finish
Resilvering. It always restarts.

After Investigating on the Physical host (the OpenIndiana Server is a
VM) It turns out that both the Hot-Spare and a completely unrelated disk
are having SMART errors. (At least thats what the Proprietary Software
seems to claim)

My Question is: Is there a way to stop a disk replacement and throw the
spare disk back out of the pool again?

Also How can I gain a look into the Disk Timeout counters so I can
monitor them?

Thanks for any Hints and Answers
Till