[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:55:39 UTC 2018

Hi Till,

a couple of observations on RDP clients.

if you need to connect to a "terminal services gateway" (or whatever
they've named it in the current release), you need to look at using the
latest bleeding edge freerdp.

If, additionally, the server you're connecting to has had all the security
patches and the administrator has set the security to high, you will need
to use the Microsoft client ...

The Linux clients are always playing catch up, and Microsoft (up until now)
hasn't shared it's plans for RDP.

If you are the one in charge of the RDP server, then it works amazingly
well, far better and lighter than any VNC service. (possibly Microsoft's
greatest "product")

Jon