[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing Newer Driver from NVIDIA Site

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:59:48 UTC 2018

Hi

With discrete cards it can get complicated. There is a special
application that i need to be able to use my Discrete card. Called
Bumblebee. But I don't know if it runs on OI. My Laptop is still Arch
linux. Intel is mostly the main Card handling all the Outputs in my
case. So you will probably need the intel graphics driver to work.
Unless you have some other variant where the Nvidia Graphics Card
actually runs the outputs. My dekstop runs an GTX960 with an 340.107
driver. The one from the repo. But thats a dedicated graphics card.

Hope this helps
Greetings
Till