[OpenIndiana-discuss] SOLVED: MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Oct 23 14:38:18 UTC 2018

On 10/23/18 16:18, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>> Hints were OK ... Maybe package pkg:/system/library/fontconfig should
>> check for permissions (at least on upgrade - no idea - so people do not
>> waste time on such mistakes).
>>

> Maybe we should list pkg verify as one of the step to perform when
> reporting an issue.
> This would uncover system-specific peculiarities.
>
> Would be nice to have such checklist in oi-docs.
>
> Good that you found the origin of the issue, I was afraid that I broke your
> system ;)

Hi Aurélien,

pkg verify would be easy IF you know where problems starts...

For example I have missed to interpret some lines from truss output, but
with little help, all went fine - then I was able to check everything.

What I wanted to say is, if desktop relies heavily of ownership (???) of
directory /var/cache/fontconfig, maybe that package has to check it (pkg
verify?)

Anyway, I am glad that I could share some new experience with OI.

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!