[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgraded to VirtualBox 5.2.20

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:02:47 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:16 PM Apostolos Syropoulos via
openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> >BTW has anyone tried to port VBox to OI?
> >Even without Oracle's proprietary bits it may be useful.
> >It is for FreeBSD hosts and guests.
>
> Someone did it a couple of years ago but now he has abandoned ship...
> I guess we could continue from where he left things...

Well to be honest there was close to nothing to port...
There was one patch for empty dtrace probes and changing a few makefiles to
keep Qt4 because people did not want to use Qt5.
I built my own version using Qt5 back then it took 30min to setup then
45min to compile...

The USB patch was the only relevant thing and now we have the FPU thing to
fix.

> A.S.
>
> PS I had tried KVM in the old times and it took me an eon to install
> Windows 98...

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings