[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster (part II)

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Oct 30 14:38:54 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I would like to start new discussion (old one is "MATE 1.20 and updated
GTK+3 for hipster"), because I still have weird problem, and not sure
where to report it or look further...

It does not matter IF i have *fc-cache* enabled or disabled, something
is filling in /var/cache/fontconfig directory. Right now:

$ find /var/cache/fontconfig/ -type f | wc -l
519307

$ du -shc /var/cache/fontconfig/
603M    /var/cache/fontconfig/

Number of files grows (some commands are failing to list content,
because it is long list) more IF I am logged in, otherwise (like during
weekend, it has stagnated: 168000 entries of size ~ 160MB)

Last Friday, I did issued "pfexec pkg fix" which should fix broken
packages (it has reported several font directories were fixed ownership
to sys group).

After that I have just emptied that directory ...
Good news is that I have no more high load, but still this growing
structure.

Tried several dtrace scripts, but no single one shows PID <--> FILE
relation (most of them expect PID as parameter, but I have no idea which
process is creating files). All I see files are constantly created...

And, also found this (fills in ~/.xsession-errors file):

Failed to connect to socket /tmp/fam-predrag_zecevic/fam-
end from FAM server connection

I have found that FAM thing is related to /usr/lib/amd64/gam_server -
but cannot imagine it is related to /fontconfig issue.

Is it possible that only me is facing this?
If yes, how to find which change (I might made in past on OI - since
move to /hipster) on my system is causing this?

Many thinks for even reading this.

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

P.S: During this e-mail writing, number of file grew further:
$ find /var/cache/fontconfig/ -type f | wc -l
526905

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!