[OpenIndiana-discuss] mounting an existing system on a boot image

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Mon Sep 10 08:54:16 UTC 2018

Hello,

by doing a wrong chmod in /etc (I thought I was in another directory) I
made /etc/init and thus /sbin/init not executable, so the system does
not boot anymore even in single user.

Thus I booted a live image from a DVD and I would like to mount my root
file sustem on this image in order to fix the permissions in /sbin and
/usr/sbin

In old solaris versions, as far as I remember there was even a menu
entry for this.

But I do not know how to do it now with zfs from the live image. I'm
running the live image in gui mode.

Could somebody help me with this ?

Thanks

Marc