[OpenIndiana-discuss] NTP not starting in Zones

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Sep 13 17:21:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018, Alexander Pyhalov via openindiana-discuss wrote:

> Hello.
> What is a point of running ntp in zone?
> NTP running in GZ will care about system time.

The main reason is usually security.  Running network daemons inside
of zones helps avoid problems if there is a security issue with the
daemon.

I run named and ntp in the global zone since I worry that the host
could have some dependencies on these protocols which impacts clean
booting.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn