[OpenIndiana-discuss] Might have jumped too soon with damaged rpool

judahrichardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:03:20 UTC 2019

If you're having trouble with 3 TB and larger disks, more than likely
all you need is a firmware (read: BIOS) update (if one is available)
to fix it. Check HP's support site.

If HP doesn't offer a bootable firmware update installation process,
use Hiren's Boot CD to boot into a WinRE-like environment and install
the BIOS update from there.

Lastly, depending on where you live, used hardware with more
up-to-date disk support might far more affordable than you might
think. I got 5 Dell OptiPlex Core 2nd and 3rd Gen desktops last year
for 125 USD total. One of them, featuring a Core i5-2400, runs my OI
installation.