[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS idiom for local packages with no dependencies

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:34:27 UTC 2019

Yeah IPS is a complete re engineering from existing Package managers. On
the Architecture side it has a lot of features that other Package
Formats only added as an after thought.

As to your confusion with perl. That is quite an ugly Hack to have both
a 32bit and a 64bit version of perl available.

Greetings
Till