[OpenIndiana-discuss] LINT dependency in GCC-6/-7 and build-essential - now broken

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sat Feb 16 21:15:55 UTC 2019

Am 16.02.19 um 20:44 schrieb Stephan Althaus:
> Hello togesther!
>

> WIth the recent amazing progress in the illumos kernel,
> for example UEFI console and the deprecation of the LINT dependency,
> we now have a dependency problem, as the lint package
>
> developer/library/lint
>
> is not delivered anymore.
>
> This breaks gcc-6, gcc-7 and build-essential
>
> Please have a look..
>
> Greetings,
>
> Stephan

Hello Stephan,

I have already created PR #4764 yesterday which should solve this
dependency problem.
Alas the build on the jenkins server failed for gcc-5 with no obvious
reasons.
I don't have access to the server to investigate further or restart the
build
and so we will have to wait until somebody else will fix it.
I have another PR #4765, which should remove more not-so-obvious relics from
lint from several packages. But this one is still under discussion.

Regards,
Andreas