[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Hipster live DVD and USB won't boot all the way

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Tue Jan 8 20:47:59 UTC 2019

Hello!

1 more vote for the ACPI patches.

With vanilla Hipster i can only use half of the cpu cores. (The hint
with eeprom boot_ncpus=8 did not do the trick)

With the GCC-NEXT-Image from 2018/11/07 everything seems fine on the
DELL Precision 7520 with E-1545.

..But with this image i cant use the current virtualbox,
so next week i will try to build current oi-userland with the acpi.patch
applied..

Thank you,
Stephan