[OpenIndiana-discuss] Compiling KeepassXC on Hipster

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 11 00:00:46 UTC 2019

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019, bentahyr at chez.com wrote:

> Ok, I just needed a few more minutes obviously so I found where this options
> were defined by default :
> CMakeLists.txt:add_gcc_compiler_flags("-fvisibility=hidden")
> CMakeLists.txt:add_gcc_compiler_cxxflags("-fvisibility-inlines-hidden")
>
> commented them out and compiled it....

There are Solaris linker options which do similar things.  It would be
good to find those options and use them instead so that the library
ABI is similar to Linux, without a bunch of exposed private symbols.

Using the hidden symbols actually makes the code smaller and load
faster.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn