[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hypervisor support

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Mar 12 09:20:18 UTC 2019

Hi Tony,

On 03/12/19 07:47, Tony Brian Albers wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> At present, is it possible to use a hypervisor like virtualbox or kvm
> on OI?
Yes, I have used both (but not simultaneously). Right now VBox is in use:

:; pkg list virtualbox
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION
     IFO
system/virtualbox                                 5.2.24-2018.0.0.0
     i--

KVM/Qemu is also available:
:; pkg search -r qemu
pkg:/system/qemu/kvm at 0.0.1.20160303-2018.0.0.2

If "on OI" means that...

> Together with it's graphical frontend like virt-manager?
I guess, there is NO virt-manager available

> And how about graphical console access? Doable?
Depends what "graphical console access" means to you...

If you start Unix like guest, you can do sort of graphical accesses (VNC
for example is available in both VBox and KVM; or ssh + Xserver, etc...)
Also, Windows boot is possible.

> thx,
>
> /tony

HTH,

With best regards.

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!