[OpenIndiana-discuss] FTDI FT232R support In Hipster?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Mar 14 15:44:36 UTC 2019

On March 13, 2019 3:45:53 PM UTC, "Jean-Pierre André" <jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

>ID's
>>>
>>> How would I know which package (and which project) a file
>>> (a driver in this case) belongs to ?
>>

>> # pkg search /usr/include/sys/usb/usbdevs.h
>> INDEX      ACTION VALUE                         PACKAGE
>> path       file   usr/include/sys/usb/usbdevs.h
>> pkg:/system/header/header-usb at 0.5.11-0.151.1.9
>>

>Thanks, from that I could locate the source file usbdevs,
>into which the vendor/product id had also to be inserted.
>
>Posted as https://www.illumos.org/issues/10550
>to whom it may concern.
>
>Jean-Pierre

How up-to-date is that system with @0.5.11-0.151.1.9 reported in an installled package?

I recently went through update from oi151a8 to hipster-2015 to current hipster, and I think due to operator error also through oi151a9 in some zones (before they went to hipster-2015).

The resulting system works okay.

There were quite a few configs to adapt, as different software evolved as to what its configs accept (apache-22 and -24, sshd, named, pgsql database file formats...) so it was not effortless, but better and faster than reinstalling a production server from scratch and remembering what to set up and porting those configs and data back in. Most users did not notice the work happening, so it is good :-)

Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android