[OpenIndiana-discuss] FTDI FT232R support In Hipster?

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 14 16:56:05 UTC 2019

Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 14/03/2019 16:44, Jim Klimov wrote:
>> On March 13, 2019 3:45:53 PM UTC, "Jean-Pierre André"
>> <jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>>> ID's

>>> Thanks, from that I could locate the source file usbdevs,
>>> into which the vendor/product id had also to be inserted.
>>>
>>> Posted as https://www.illumos.org/issues/10550
>>> to whom it may concern.
>>
>> How up-to-date is that system with @0.5.11-0.151.1.9 reported in an
>> installled package?
>
> This was posted just to show how a package for a file can be
> searched. I randomly picked one of our a9 systems, so that package
> was indeed up to date :-)

I got the file (usbdevs) from the illumos-gate git :
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/illumos-gate/raw/master/usr/src/uts/common/io/usb/usbdevs
So it is supposed to be the latest version of the file from
which the header file usbdevs.h is derived.

However it has 2520 lines (including comments) describing the
vendor/product ids, whereas the equivalent one from FreeBSD
has 4962 lines, though it apparently dates back from 2004.

The driver code file uftdi_dsd.c apparently dates back from
2013 and did not reference the device I wanted. Upgrading
such a code can only be done by users who can test whether
their own device is supported, in particular the only answer
I can give the OP is where the issue potentially stands.

Jean-Pierre