[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building Filezilla to replace gftp

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 11:58:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

After replacing gftp with Filezilla last year the latest OpenIndiana
Hipster update cause Filezilla to complain about the libidn library.

So I decided to build it again and now have it working, so if you want
to use Filezilla see the instructions below. Unfortunately to get the
latest versions of Filezilla working wxWidgets 3.0.2 must be used. I
have tried to build this previously but will have another attempt.

I have built libfilezilla and filezilla with my current default gcc
compiiler which is gcc 6.5.0.

1. Build libfilezilla-0.12.1

$ CC=gcc CXX=g++ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared=yes
--disable-static
$ gmake
# gmake install

2. Build Filezilla 3.7.4.1

$ CC=gcc CXX=g++ CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/idn -I/usr/include/wx-2.8"
./configure  --prefix=/usr --enable-shared=yes --disable-locales
--disable-static --disable-autoupdatecheck --with-tinyxml=builtin
$ gmake
# gmake install

While this an old version of Filezilla it has never crashed while
performing transfers which I used to experience with gftp.

Regards

Russell