[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS versions

alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sat May 18 12:29:44 UTC 2019

To display features, you must import on a newer Illumos. Unless you do a
pool upgrade, you can still import on a former version.

If you create a pool you have always the option v28/5 that is compatible
with any OS, even Solaris or v5000 without features enabled or 5000 with
all new features.

OmniOS and OI Hipster text edition are quite identical (beside LX zones
and Bhyve on OmniOS). OmniOS LTS is a freeze of current state with only
bug and security fixes for next two years while OI is a snapshot of
current Illumos. A pkg update gives you then the very newest Illumos.

Gea
napp-it.org