[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox is core dumping

xleland xleland at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 18:31:09 UTC 2019

 Can someone direct me to the page where I can unsubscribe from this forum? Thank you

    On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 10:32:05 AM PDT, Michal Nowak <mnowak at startmail.com> wrote:

 On 10/01/19 05:03 PM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a core dump if someone is able to look at it and give me some clues.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq99x55uj7gspka/vmdump.0.OI.20190925?dl=1
>
> All am doing is default install (text installer), fully update, install
> virtualbox.
>
> Create basic vm:  /usr/bin/VBoxManage createvm --name test --ostype
> Ubuntu_64 --register
> Run it:  VBoxHeadless -s test
>
> then it core dumps.
>
> thanks,
>
> Geoff

Hi.

Can it be that you have KVM module loaded?

Once you crash with the latest OI and VirtualBox, get fresh info from
the dump as described at
https://illumos.org/docs/user-guide/debug-systems/#gathering-information-from-a-crash-dump.
Perhaps better attach it to the email. (I know you provided it before,
but it's not clear to me what VirtualBox/illumos version was it back then.)

Thanks,
Michal