[OpenIndiana-discuss] updating from 0I-hipster 2016.04

James list at xdrv.co.uk
Sun Apr 5 11:46:47 UTC 2020

On 04/04/2020 11:12, Marc Lobelle wrote:

> This server has 2TB disks in mirror mode plus a small ssd in cache mode.
> I would like to replace the 2TB disks with 4 TB disks. What is the
> safest procedure to do this ?

This was discussed recently; can someone say where the list archives
are?  eg, where is this thread?

https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2020-April/thread.html

April 2020 Archives by thread

     More info on this list...

Starting: Fri Apr 3 06:51:44 UTC 2020
Ending: Sat Apr 4 23:00:40 UTC 2020
Messages: 2
     [OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS CIFS share bound to a specific interface?
   alka
     [OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgraded to lastest hipster release today -
pkg broken   russell

Last message date: Sat Apr 4 23:00:40 UTC 2020
Archived on: Sat Apr 4 23:00:43 UTC 2020

> I do not remember the size of the ssd and the paper label on the disk is
> unreadable, but from what zpool status say, I assume it is 8G.

"zpool list -v" has column "SIZE" per device.

> Is it useful to replace this cache with a larger ssd. If yes what size
> makes sense. And how should I proceed to make the change ?

"zpool iostat -v $interval" will tell you when it is being read and how
quickly it fills (assuming it is empty first).

Although it will not boost performance you can add any device (not an
SSD) or file as an additional cache device to test if a larger size is
going to be useful.