[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool/ROOT where mounted?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Dec 1 00:29:37 UTC 2020

If you want to create a copy of your entire OS on a remote machine by
means of send/recv do you need to send rpool/ROOT?

on my system the mountpoint says only `legacy'

  rpool/ROOT                         82.0G   530G    23K  legacy

And the Solaris Docs say that legacy means it has an entry in vfstab.
But in mine I see no reference to it.

/etc/vfstab
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------
  /devices -     /devices devfs -  no -
  /proc    -     /proc    proc  -  no -
  ctfs     -     /system/contract ctfs   -  no -
  objfs    -     /system/object objfs -  no -
  sharefs     -     /etc/dfs/sharetab sharefs  -  no -
  fd    -     /dev/fd     fd -  no -
  swap     -     /tmp     tmpfs -  yes   -

  /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap   -     -     swap  -  no -
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------

Is it somewhere in there.  Or maybe somewhere else altogether?

So what is the proper way to `send/recv' the entire files system:

   rpool/ROOT/$BENAME
?

Another thing bugging me do you have to send/recv something like

   rpool/export/home/$USERNAME

Like I have been doing:

  send/recv rpool/export@$snap|ssh $rhost zfs recv -v . . .
  send/recv rpool/export/home at snap|ssh $rhost zfs recv -v . . .
  send/recv rpool/export/home/$USERNAME@$snap|ssh $rhost zfs recv -v . . .

In other words in 3 steps or can it be done in one step?
And if so what is the proper syntax?