[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI new user questions - 2

Kalle Anka knatte_fnatte_tjatte at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 16:04:41 UTC 2020

@Gary Mills,
I have tried to boot VESA or non VESA, Bios, legacy, etc etc. It doesnt work.

You also suggested that I might try with using the iGPU instead of my external Nvidia GPU? Even if it does work, I am not really keen on running of my iGPU. So, I cannot get OI to install on my hardware: Supermicro X10-SAT motherboard, Xeon E3-1245v3, ECC RAM. Therefore I will not pursue this OI direction any further. I will instead install Solaris 11.3 (I cannot get 11.4 to work, because graphics does not work).

I will try out OI in the next update, and hope it will work. Meanwhile, I would be interested in leaving a bug report, if that is possible. I dont know how to do a bug report though. Can I create a ticket on my problem? Or are there slim chances this bug will be fixed?
A last question: do you know if OI software packages will install on Solaris 11.3?
Thanx all for your help, guys! I hope to see you again in the next version of OI. Solarish rocks. :)