[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI new user questions - 2

Kalle Anka knatte_fnatte_tjatte at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 22:32:37 UTC 2020

 Yes, but it seems quite messy with little to no help or docs. I think it is much easier to install Solarish in BIOS on one disk, and Win10 on another disk. I will try out OmniOS, and if is has the same problems, then the error might be in illumos? Or? Solaris 11.3 does not have this error,
    On Thursday, December 17, 2020, 08:07:12 PM GMT+1, John D Groenveld <groenveld at acm.org> wrote:

 In message <752081985.1212170.1608221081599 at mail.yahoo.com>, Kalle Anka via openindiana-discuss writes:
>Even if it does work, I am not really keen on running of my iGPU.

Wasn't your goal to use your on-board Intel GPU for OI and then dedicate
the nVidia GPU to your Windows Gamer VM running on bhyve?

If so, I would enable the Intel GPU in the BIOS, install OI via the text
installer:
<URL:https://www.openindiana.org/download/>
John
groenveld at acm.org