[OpenIndiana-discuss] Emacs-27.1 missing portable dumper file

Rainer J.H. Brandt rjhb at bb-c.de
Thu Dec 31 08:56:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

Dieter Klünter writes:
> Reading Emacs Manual gives the impression that building Emacs-27.1 a
> emacs.pdmp dump file is created. On start Emacs requires this emacs.pdmp.
>
> Can  somebody check this?

I built 27.1 under Solaris 11.3 today
(Sorry, my OI build setup isn't ready yet)
and it created this file:

$BASEDIR/libexec/emacs/27.1/i386-pc-solaris2.11/emacs.pdmp

Emacs still starts after removing this file, but it takes much longer,
and lots of elisp files are processed during startup.

Cheers, Rainer
--
Email: rjhb at bb-c.de   Telefon: 02448/919126   Mobiltelefon: 0172/9593205
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH     Am Wiesenpfad 6     53340 Meckenheim