[OpenIndiana-discuss] Lightdm working Geforce GTX1650

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 19:26:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

Yesterday, after performing a "pkg update -v --be-name" I swapped in the
Geforce GTX1650 (replacing the Geforrce 750Ti)  in with the
NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-455.28.run driver and it worked.
After getting it working I downloaded the latest driver
NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-455.38.run and applied it before making a new BE.
The new driver successfully removed the old
NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-455.28.run driver but caused a core dump when
attempting to install its self, leaving BE unbootable even in single
user mode.

So deleted the problem BE and created a new BE and got the
NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-455.28.run installed so Lightdm is working correctly.

Regards

Russell