[OpenIndiana-discuss] ip_squeue_worker_wait is not defined in the ‘ip' module

Lou Picciano LouPicciano at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 19:42:10 UTC 2020

Andreas - Many thanks for your quick reply. Turns out there’s a lot of long-forgotten vestigial stuff in my /etc/system file, some of it going back 10+ years!

Was apparently having trouble some time back capturing dump files (Which seems on point as we speak, as the system is now not rebooting smoothly since most-recent pkg updates. How to make use of/interpret the crash dumps?)

Any reason I should keep any of this stuff?
* LOUMOD per richlowe on #openindiana - this will ensure that dumps complete:
* https://www.illumos.org/issues/1369
set dump_plat_mincpu=0
set dump_bzip2_level=1

* LOUMOD re notes on Oi list - https://www.illumos.org/issues/1333#note-21
* vmstat 5 (after about 2 days of running):

* this did not seem to help (will try again):
* set apix:apic_timer_preferred_mode = 0x0

* rmustacc: do # mdb -k, then: > setspl/p  -- this PROVES I have the pcplusmp driver:
set pcplusmp:apic_timer_preferred_mode = 0x0
set pcplusmp:apic_panic_on_nmi=1

* THIS per illumos Note #21 - adapted for apix driver
set ip:ip_squeue_worker_wait=0
set snooping=1