[OpenIndiana-discuss] building software in OI

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Fri Oct 9 14:05:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

OK, this might just be me being dumb, but I can't find any info on how
to build applications from source to/on OI anywhere.

If, for instance, I want to build xeyes, where do I find the necessary
header files etc? It's easy to get a hold of gcc etc. but I'm really
struggling finding -devel packages(like xorg-devel in Linux i.e.)

Am I missing something obvious? I'm not a programmer, and the OI wiki's
description of oi-userland just confuses me. The github description
doesn't help either. It's vogon to me.

TIA for any pointer/suggestions

/tony

--
Tony Albers - Systems Architect - IT Development Royal Danish Library,
Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark