[OpenIndiana-discuss] live DVD hanging during boot

Lauren Pullen drurowin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:33:44 UTC 2020

Hello list,

I'm trying to install openindiana on my workstation and the boot process
is hanging before the keyboard or language questions are printed. I was
thinking it might just be slow, so I let it run all night to no avail.

When I boot in verbose mode it prints the CPU features, the total
memory, then hangs. I tried booting it in a vm from the disk, just in
case there was a problem with the disk, and it started up fine.

I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to what's gone wrong, so any help will be
appreciated.