[OpenIndiana-discuss] "strange" behavior

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 17:55:54 UTC 2020

Hello,

Last week I installed OI/hipster on four identical machines using the
latest installation DVD (not the text installer). Then, I upgraded to
the latest version of OI/hipster because I wanted to install LibreOffice
on all machines. Everything was OK and there was absolutely no problem.
On Friday I tried to do the same on a fifth machine that was identical to
the previous 4. I installed the OS and everything was OK. Then, I tried
to upgrade the system. The process finished successfully but after reboot
the system refused to start the login screen. There was a message that
lightdm had failed to start. Also, there was an error in Xorg.0.log.
I am not sure but I think something is wrong with the latest version
of OI/hipster. Has anybody seen this kind of problem?

Regards,

Apostolos