[OpenIndiana-discuss] Console GUI login not appearing

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 16:59:37 UTC 2020

Hi

I have noticed since updating recently that sometimes it is not possible
to login on the console with Geforce 750Ti.
I start my computer booting then get distracted so I do not login
immediately the login GUI appears.
If I wait too long, then the login screen will not appear, I can move
the mouse, press any key on the keyboard and no login will appear; the
Caps Lock/Num Lock key lights work, it is possible to ping and ssh into
the computer. However, in order to login into the GUI I must trigger a
shutdown by pressing the Power button.

When I try with my Geforce 1650 tried with multiple Nvidia srivers,
Lightdm fails to present the GUI login and the system reboots. When I
boot from a LinuxMint LiveCD with the Geforce 1650 installed it works
perfectly.

Checking the core dump from system unexpected reboot gives me this

vpanic()
pcieb_intr_handler+0x1dc(fffffe1156a17728, 1)
apix_dispatch_by_vector+0x8c(21)
apix_dispatch_lowlevel+0x1c(21, 0)
switch_sp_and_call+0x15()
apix_do_interrupt+0xec(fffffe0017b4eab0, 5)
_interrupt+0xc3()
mach_cpu_idle+0xb()
cpu_idle+0x10f()
cpu_idle_adaptive+0x19()