[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qt5 and libgcc_s

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 17:46:50 UTC 2020

On Monday, October 19, 2020, 5:19:49 PM GMT+3, Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> wrote:

>What was the application?  Is it already available from OI?  As far as
>I can tell, only desktop/fbreader, media/vlc, and system/virtualbox
>are available from OI?

The application is called LANShare

https://github.com/abdularis/LAN-Share

and it is not available from OI. It is very easy to make a Solaris package
but I have no idea how to make a new style package... I want to use it where
I work in order to easily transfer files from one computer to another.

>It sounds as if the application requires gcc-6, but you tried to build
>it with gcc-7.  Can you try gcc-6 instead?

Well I actually use gcc-6! I was thinking that the compiler would be
upgraded while upgrading the system but it seems this is not true. But
now I will not do anything since, as I have already reported in another
message, I installed Qt5 on a system and the system became useless as I
could not log in. When the problem will be fixed I think I will remove
gcc-6 and I will install gcc-7.

Best regards,

Apostolos
Apostolos Syropoulos