[OpenIndiana-discuss] Security alert: important fix for illumos-gate has been integrated

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 06:25:50 UTC 2020

But I upgraded a few days ago and I couldnot get the GUI. There was an error aboutlightdm. Has anybody looked in thisproblem?
Thanks in advance!Apistolos

Στάλθηκε από το Ταχυδρομείο Yahoo σε Android

  Στις Παρ, 23 Οκτ, 2020 στις 21:30, ο χρήστηςAndreas Wacknitz<A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> έγραψε:   Hi all,

illumos-gate had an important fix for a PAM vulnerability (pre-auth
remote root exploit as described here: CVE-2020-14871
<https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-14871>) yesterday.
This change has been integrated in our package repository last night.
Please update your OpenIndiana Hipster installations (pfexec pkg update
-v ) and reboot in order to close that gap.

Regards