[OpenIndiana-discuss] LightDM Installation of webkit greeter from the repro.

bscuk2 bscuk2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:02:31 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have down loaded Webkit greeter for LightDM from the repro. I have
checked the installation in the etc conf file that webkit is the default
both in the main code and seat.

Running tests on the installation I get the following messages.

lightdm --test-mode

** (lightdm:4856): WARNING **: 12:05:07.306: Failed to get list of
logind seats: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
name org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files

** (lightdm:4856): WARNING **: 12:05:07.319: Error getting user list
from org.freedesktop.Accounts:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files
Failed to use bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager, do you have
appropriate permissions?

I have removed the webkit and reinstalled it but it does not work. Any
ideas where I go from here?

regards,

Robert