[OpenIndiana-discuss] Docker

Austin Kim freennix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:37:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

I’m trying to decide between running OpenIndiana and running FreeBSD as the OS whereon to build a WWW and application server; I prefer Illumos’s UNIX System V Release 4 provenance via OpenSolaris to FreeBSD’s 4.4BSD-Lite2 origins via 386BSD (I considered Linux but am really turned off by systemd), but I would also like to be able to run Docker containers.

Can anyone point me to some documentation for running Docker on Illumos/OpenIndiana?  A quick DuckDuckGo search turned up nothing (or maybe I just didn’t know where to look).  ’preciate it

“We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible.”  —Allan Massie, _A Question of Loyalties_, 1989