[OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 13:49:03 UTC 2021

I don't understand "adapter". I'm using a Display Port on the K5000 feeding an HP DP to DVI adapter to the DVI port of the 1600x1200 Princeton monitor. So I don't think VGA enters into this at the moment. It might once I get a new KVM switch as the one I've been using died and wouldn't pass the USB signals, just the video.

The Z840 boot order BIOS menu allows UEFI or legacy boots of all devices. I've not seen any mention of graphics adapters in the BIOS screens, but it's a large and complex BIOS so I may have missed it.

Reg

     On Thursday, April 22, 2021, 08:35:25 AM CDT, Toomas Soome <tsoome at me.com> wrote:

 VESA only can work when adapter does have VESA/VGA bios. With UEFI, there is no requirement to have it.

Sent from my iPhone