[OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 22:13:24 UTC 2021

I'll give that route a try if the current text install from the Desktop fails. I updated the BIOS and that stopped Solaris 11.4 from booting :-( What a mess.

So I figured worth a shot trying 2021.04-rc1 again.

Reg

     On Thursday, April 22, 2021, 04:49:31 PM CDT, Tim Mooney via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

 In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death, Reginald...:

> The text-install ISO doesn't have a windowing system on it. I don't know
> if there is anything analogous to the Solaris 11.4 "solaris-desktop "
> pkg.

It's 'mate-install'.  And all it does is force the installation of the
desktop components, so the recommended steps are

     pfexec pkg install mate-install
     pfexec pkg uninstall mate-install

Tim
--