[OpenIndiana-discuss] Successfull reboot of 2021.04-rc1 on Z840 w/ K5000 :-)

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 19:42:42 UTC 2021

It *appears* to be connected with selecting options 5, 6 & 7 before booting to multi-user.  I'll investigate further after it's been running a while.  I'm supposed have 64 GB of DRAM arrive today.

I'm purely guessing, but I suspect that the "Reconfigure" option is what made it work.

This install was to a 3 disk RAIDZ1, so I have to redo the install for a 4 disk RAIDZ2.  I'll test my "Reconfigure" hypothesis when I do that.

There may be other wrinkles in the BIOS settings.  I cannot find BIOS documentation and this is my first encounter with a UEFI BIOS.  The behavior changed significantly when I updated the BIOS.  I'm hoping that applied a Spectre microcode patch.

Reg