[OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sun Apr 25 12:04:19 UTC 2021

Hi Reg!

>  FWIW I saw the messages that Nelson posted at the start of this discussion on systems that booted. However, they very likely had relic zfs labels. I've had mysterious "corrupted pools" appear which I was only able to fix by using dd(1) to wipe out the old label.

Recent-ish illumos ZFS versions (and presumably OpenZFS, too) have

  zpool labelclear <device>

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"