[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI on USB flash drive

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 22:55:28 UTC 2021

While I don't have prior experience booting from flash drives, I agree with Till's recommendation to try a USB hard drive.

Have you tried installing to a regular disk drive and booting from that? If you can I recommend doing that and skipping the flash drive boot. The RAIDZ bootloader seems to work though I don't have the 10 years of experience I have with using 2 slices to provide a mirrored rpool and a RAIDZ export pool.

Reg