[OpenIndiana-discuss] Errors without errors

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Thu Aug 5 08:03:07 UTC 2021

> On 5. Aug 2021, at 10:52, Michelle <michelle at msknight.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for this. So I'm possibly better off rolling back the OS
> snapshot after my backup has finished?

maybe, maybe not. first of all, I have no idea to what point the rollback would be.

secondly; the system has seen some errors, at this time, the fault is, it does not tell us if those were checksum errors or something else, and it seems to me, it is something else.

and this is why: if you look on your zpool output, you see report about c6t3d0, but iostat -En below, it does not include c6t3d0. It seems to be missing.

what do you get from: 'iostat -En c6t3d0’ ?

Also, it would be good idea to check /var/adm/messages, are there any SATA or IO related messages around august 05. 02:00?

FMA definitely has recorded an issue about pool, so there must be something going on.

rgds,
toomas