[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool mirror disk problems when moved to different slot

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Aug 6 09:44:24 UTC 2021

On 8/6/21 11:33 AM, Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss wrote:

>> On 6. Aug 2021, at 12:19, Stephan Althaus <Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> i just added a new disk to my system, which i put into the slot where a
>> mirror disk of my rpool resided.
>>
>> The mirror disk of my rpool went to a other slot, so the device name was
>> changed c27t1d0 -> c27t0d0
>>
>> Booting into my OI system, the zpool was found as the first mirror disk
>> was there,
>> but the second partition was not found.
>>

>> Is there a chance that the rpool mount procedure could try harder to
>> find the mirrors, even when moved ??
>>

>> Yes i know this may be a rare case :-/
>>

> What does zpool status report?
>
> rgds,
> toomas

Meanwhile, i detached the 'corrupted' mirror disk partition, attached
the correct partition - resilver is running...

zpool status  did report "corrupt data", as the partition ('zpool
import' used  its name without checking zfs signatures) did not contain
a zfs dataset.

'ZFS' should not have tried it, as there is no zfs signature on that
disk, in any partition..

Instead the import should look around for the correct zpool members,
just like the usual zpool import does...

Stephan