[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing a new Openindiana via usb

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Fri Aug 13 04:32:39 UTC 2021

On 2/08/2021 8:02 pm, david allan finch wrote:
> I got chance to look at this again.
> No of that seamed to work.
> I found an old Windows boot USB and that boots, so it is not the usb
> boot system.
> I created a new USB drive with the latest OI and I still get the same
> issue.
> May be I am using the Win32DiskImager wrong or there is an issue
> creating the bootable USB drive.
> Is anyone else attually doing this from Windows?

I'm trying to do the same thing, brand new Toshiba 16GB USB3 drive,
using the 202104 USB image and win32diskimager to install it, using
default settings - it's not showing up in the BIOS boot menu at all.

Seconding your question, has anyone here in recent memory been able to
boot off the USB image installed on a USB drive with win32diskimager?