[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing on Intel B460M chipset intel i5-10400F

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Aug 13 09:06:07 UTC 2021

On 8/13/21 10:59 AM, Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 9:36 AM Toomas Soome via openindiana-discuss <
> openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>

>>> On 13. Aug 2021, at 11:13, Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> The furthest I got was to use the minimal install 20210430 USB image, it
>> booted, albeit slowly.
>>> I ran the boot in verbose mode, it got as far as prompting for the type
>> of keyboard, which I confirmed as US English (47).
>>>
>> This does sound like problems reading out the usb stick, can you try
>> different stick and slot, especiall if the system has usb 2 and usb 3.
>>
> As I recall, the keyboard prompt comes fairly late in the process -
> certainly after
> accessing the USB media to pull in /usr from it, so that would imply it's
> found the
> USB stick and is happy with it. The question then would be which smf
> service is
> getting stuck.
>
> By verbose, was that 'boot -v'? If so, you can track progress through smf
> with
> 'boot -m verbose' or 'boot -m debug' (I think - it's been a while).

Hi Carl!

I am sorry to hear that you've this problems...

I would suggest to try a USB-2 port, i have problems on one of my
systems with USB since February or March...
or try a 2020-10 image..

Stephan