[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing on Intel B460M chipset intel i5-10400F

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Sat Aug 14 00:56:46 UTC 2021

Aurelian's supplied me with a new cut of the USB image, which boots!
And the GUI works!  (Nvidia 1030). It all seems excellent! Thank you!

Ran the GUI install onto a SATA HDD, seems good.

The BIOS is now not recognising the SATA HDD as a boot option. It sees
the drive in its list of SATA drives, but doesn't recognise it as a boot
drive so it just dumps back to BIOS setup if the USB drive is not
plugged in.

When I did the install, I told the GUI installer to "use the whole
drive".  I'm about to try the other option (which seems to be default),
but shouldn't that work?  As far as I could tell, the drive was
formatted and had a ZFS volume on it.  I don't have to manually run
installboot?

The BIOS is set to see the drive as a AHCI