[OpenIndiana-discuss] SSDs for OI hipster ZFS root mirror?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Aug 17 14:32:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021, Carl Brewer wrote:

> Nice.  I have 32 GB, should be enough. Thank you. I'm off to grab a couple of
> M.2s and see how they go.

Note that I am using AHCI-mode M.2s (similar to "SATA" but at M.2
speed) which are likely now somewhat rare.

It is essential that the system BIOS see the M.2 devices and know what
to do with them.  Even in my system, the initial BIOS did not see the
M.2 devices but luckily the vendor (SuperMicro) issued a BIOS update
which caused them to appear.

I expect that most modern BIOSs will not have a problem.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
Public Key,     http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/public-key.txt