[OpenIndiana-discuss] "No solution was found to satisfy constraints"

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Aug 22 07:33:21 UTC 2021

What's up with this? Yesterday's pkg update was fine, and found a few things, so this seems odd. Not like I've done anything recently but run a pkg update every now and again (daily if I get to  it and my Internet, cranky in hot weather, is up).

root at openindiana:~# pkg update
Creating Plan (Running solver): /
pkg update: No solution was found to satisfy constraints
No solution found to update to latest available versions.
This may indicate an overly constrained set of packages are installed.

latest incorporations:

  pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2020.0.1.14371:20210821T075734Z

Dependency analysis is unable to determine the cause.
Try specifying expected versions to obtain more detailed error messages.