[OpenIndiana-discuss] catching hell getting booted

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Feb 4 15:12:10 UTC 2021

Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au> writes:

> None that I can do to help, but can you continue to document what you do?

I will try but make no bones about only being about half literate.
English is not my first language... I learned to speak in Wyoming
hill-billy for the first 10 or so years.  hehe.

> I experienced something very similar, and ended up backing out to an
> older OI build and doing pkg updates, instead of trying to install
> more recent ISO's, they just would not install for me either.

Interesting, and I thought I was the lone ranger and blamed myself for
not getting it right.

However, I haven't noticed much on the newsgroup about the
problem... But I haven't been watching/reading full time either.

I had not thought of your workaround...It should have passed through
my pea brain at some point.  Do you happen to remember which old
release you got to work?  That might be worth documenting as well.